Smoked Salmon Horseradish Mousse
A nice smoked salmon appetizers recipe to try !
* 3/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
* 1 tablespoon cold water
* 3/4 cup sour cream
* 2 ounces smoked salmon, chopped (about 1/3 cup), plus 6 ounces smoked salmon, sliced thin
* 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh horseradish, or to taste
* 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill plus dill sprigs for garnish
* pumpernickel toast points as an accompaniment if desired
In a small saucepan sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let it soften for 1 minute. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin is dissolved, add 1/4 cup of the sour cream, and cook the mixture, whisking, until it is smooth. In a food processor purée the chopped salmon until it is very smooth. In a small bowl whisk together the gelatin mixture, the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream, the puréed salmon, the horseradish, the minced dill, and salt and pepper to taste and chill the mousse, covered, for 1 hour, or until it is firm. The mousse may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
Scoop oval-shaped mounds of the mousse onto each of 6 chilled plates, arrange the sliced salmon decoratively on the plates, and garnish each serving with a dill sprig. Serve the salmon with the toast points. The smoked salmon appetizers is ready to serve ...enjoy it !